Tuesday, May 28, 2013

FIRST CONTACT

THE EXPERIMENT: SOLICITING A RESPONSE

Yesterday I searched the "Contact Us" sections of several NFL team websites, and wrote inquiries to a few of the teams that are near me, telling whomever reads the comments they receive that I am searching for a team to support, and asking them if they knew of a reason why I should support their team. If a team even responds, that could really add some points in the PROS column.



I started with teams that are located near me, and will continue to attempt to contact every team that has an email/web inquiry section on their website. I tried to use similar wording in all comments, so as to give all teams an equal opportunity to read and respond. I explained my search, highlighted what I bring to the table as a fan, and

TEAMS NEAR ME I ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT

New Orleans Saints - confusing "Contact Us" page that says Ticket Rep at the top, and seemed to have an error when I clicked "SUBMIT"

Dallas Cowboys - easy to use comment page with very specific comment categories.

Tennessee Titans - They didn't have a way to contact via email on their website, so I might try to reach out through Facebook or Twitter.

St. Louis Rams - The Rams also didn't have a comment form on their site, with "Contact Us" dumping me on a FAQs page. Not the same thing Rams!

Kansas City Chiefs - I sent a "General Question or Comment" to Arrowhead.

Houston Texans - I sent an email to fanfeedback@houstontexans.com with my usual comment.

TEAMS OUT OF MY REGION

I also contacted the Washington Redskins, because I know quite a few people in DC/Virginia, and the New England Patriots, because I have family near Boston.

Washington Redskins - I sent my comment under the "Community Outreach" category. I'm part of the community, reaching out to them, right?

New England Patriots - I sent this comment to the "Front Office". We'll see who, if anyone responds.

NEXT UP...

I think I'll try to contact teams in the Southeast - Florida/Georgia/Carolinas

No comments:

Post a Comment